Thursday, March 10, 2011

HOOFER OF THE WEEK

Quirky Contemporary and Innovative

Just a few words to describe Michelle Dorrance I worked with her when I was 10 yrs old. She was only 21 at the time and was hip as hell I loved her book bag made of silver tape. But things have come full circle for both of us and we are able to work with each other once again at our prime in the TAP WORLD! She teaches at Broadway Dance Center and she works the enormous show STOMP. She's a genius I don't use the word a lot either it's something that comes only a few times. She's a HOOFER at heart and choreographer who knows how to DIRECT. It's something to see. It's a honor to be working with her right now in her show that she's doing right now ...Opening Night is tonight and it's a shared evening with Dormeshia Sumbry -Edwards. I have to say I can't wait to do a show with Michelle it's like GAGA and Kanye West doing that concert they was supposed to do that never happened. I see her work already at Dance Festivals, Joyce Theater NYC, Dance Theater Workshops. It's Gripping, Fun, and Gritty. Her work makes the average dancer look amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment