Saturday, August 7, 2010

SU3D










STEP UP 3D was the most in your face 3D film I ever seen! It was worth the money. Way Better than that AVATAR. I was invited to the private screening coordinated by the fabulous April Cook at Broadway Dance Center. It was a great experience first off the music was pumping when you walked into the theater it was a room full of dancers ballet,jazz,street jazz, hip-hop, tap dancers just about everyone from Broadway Dance was there. T-Shirts were given out and everyone was pumped because you give dancers anything free we are happy lmao. But it got better 5-7 PASTRY shoes was given out they had a raffle it was cool because everyone was joking, dancing and battling it was great.

I never liked Dance films at all because they are LAME don't get me wrong. I love dance but trust me the avenge human hate dance flicks because they are so corny. Like come on YOU GOT SEVRED Let's be serious people! That sucks! .. The movie TAP you love it because of the dancing only and the way Gregory Hines move and all of the other great tap dancers that take part in the film. But honestly I never liked the movie because the story is really bad why is G Hines playing a guy who's coming out of jail? So typical because he's black ahhhhhh save me. Then his relationship is trying to get back together it was just typical I can't go on anymore and the director for that was made for television I'm disgusted but I'm still working on my film for tap so be ready... Back to SU3D But recently someone change my mind when in 2009 I met Jon Chu in NYC the director for SU2 and SU3D great man full of life and who is a dancer at heart and a director by day. His passion for dancers and dance come out in his directing and it's so heartfelt that the serious dancer who's practices everyday who kills for their dance can feel everything in this film because all of the dancers in the film are die hard dancers Hip Hop dancers B-Boy or B-girls. This movie is all about dance it opens up with a very sentimental touching video why do you dance? Every dancer in the audience was answering the question silently. So from the jump you love the characters because you relate. Then next it was dance scene the movie could've lived on just a dance concert in 3D seriously it was that good. I would pay for it. It had it's moments where you laughed, cheered, and maybe wanted to cry because some of the girls were reaching for Rick Malambri body haha.

The Dance Battles alone makes you want to jump out of your sit and cheer. It's something else. A lot of in your face Tucking and Krumping was very effective. I kept saying this is REAL 3D. The water splashing on your glasses was awesome.

Adam Sevani surprised me I didn't know he could dance like that man he's good I was impressed.

You have no choice but to LOVE this movie because it shows you why people dance and the emotion behind it first hand.

Jon Chu knows those dancers like the back of his brain he knows their every move their favorite steps their struggle everything. It's a real film.

The strongest Dance Film to Date and one of the most colorful film I seen in a while.

Forget what the Critics say they a LAMES.

SUMMER FILM IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY WORTH FOR REAL 3D GO SEE IT!



HOOFER BOY

No comments:

Post a Comment