Friday, January 14, 2011

BILLY ELLIOT






I'm so happy that I'm around to live to see that good broadway shows are still developed in this time and age. I am blessed to have been in a successful broadway show Noise/Funk so I know the energy and guts a show must have to really win the audience over. Well i kept hearing about Billy Elliot from famous acrobatic teacher Mara Merritt who had kids of her own that she taught performed in Billy Elliot. I thought it was chessy the name because I saw the film and loved the film but this move from Hollywood to New York that Broadway Producers are taking was pretty annoying to me but I said sure I'll check it out i.e Shrek , Marry Poppins, and Spider-Man.

Well I went with a good friend of mine Caleb Teicher who is a fine dancer himself he saw Billy Elliot already but he suggested we go now . So we went got rush tickets and ended up getting really decent seats.

I was blown away hands down mouth open from start to finish it was everything a broadway production supposed to be. It's everything broadway is missing BIG PRODUCTION,GREAT SONGS, GREAT DANCING. The sets were so amazing scene after scene everything was topped from one number to the next. There was flying in the show wow! was that cool. Very sophisticated show. So they had tap dancing in the show I was happy with the tap because they stuck to what they knew nothing fancy just plain and simple. I do think that if Billy was a hoofer ooooooo boy what a show that would be. But ok enough with that. I think that this show was worth the money. You know how expensive Broadway is I know this show has alot to offer the story is modern to today it's not some recycled mess. The kids in the show are brilliant. At the end of the show I wanted to audition for the show.

One of the Best shows I ever seen! Go see it! P.S It's always PACKED

No comments:

Post a Comment